- 2 lbs. Lobster meat torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 stick Butter melted
- to taste Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Mac and Cheese
- ¾ lb. Elbow pasta
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Shallots diced
- 1 tbsp. Garlic minced
- ⅓ cup All purpose flour
- 1 quart Fish broth or chicken broth
- 1 ½ tsp. Tarragon
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups Gruyere cheese greated
- 1 ½ cups Sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 ½ cups Fontina cheese, cubed
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan cheese grated
- 5 shakes Tabasco
- 5 shakes Worcestershire
- to taste Fresh cracked black pepper
Butter Breadcrumb Crust
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. Butter melted
- 1 tbsp. Dried Parsley
- Cook pasta ahead of time to al-dente and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add breadcrumbs, melted butter, and dried parsley. Mix well to combine and set aside.
Cheese Sauce Base
- Melt a ½ stick of butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Add shallots and garlic, stir, and allow to cook until “sweating” - about 2 minutes.
- Add flour, mix well, and cook for 3-5 minutes without color to create a Roux.
- Add fish broth, whisk well to combine, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add tarragon, tomato paste, and heavy cream. Whisk together and keep over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes. Continue whisking to heat evenly.
- Add Gruyere, Sharp Cheddar, and Fontina cheese. Whisk to combine. Add Parmesan cheese and whisk again.
- Add tabasco and Worcestershire. Whisk. Season with fresh cracked black pepper. Turn down to low heat. Your cheese sauce base is complete.
Preparing Mac and Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Tear your lobster meat into bite sized pieces. Reserve natural juice from lobster and add to cheese sauce for additional flavor.
- Add melted butter to lobster, season with black pepper and kosher salt, and mix.
- In a large bowl, gradually add your cheese sauce to the cooked pasta until you reach a soupy consistency. You may not need to use all of the cheese sauce! Mix well.
- Coat a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill baking dish with cheesy pasta, spreading evenly. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes at 375°F.
- Once you are ready to serve, generously top your baked mac and cheese with lobster meat. Then top that with your buttered breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and garnish with parsley.