- 1 lb. Naked Sea Scallops thaw and pat dry excess moisture
- 2 tbsp. Canola oil
- to taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Fresh Garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. Shallot chopped finely
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup White Wine
- ¼ cup Clam Broth or Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp. Soft Butter
- 4 slices Prosciutto sliced into thin ribbons
- 8-10 Fresh Sage Leaves torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley chopped
- Remove side muscle from sea scallops.
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan with canola oil. Allow to get hot, but not smoking.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops, they should sizzle when placed in oil. Do not overcrowd the pan. Do not move scallops until ready to flip.
- Sear for about 2-3minutes and flip. You should have a nice layer of caramelization.
- Cook for another 1 minute. Remove from pan and reserve warm on dinner plate.
Making the Sauce
- Add garlic and shallots to pan. Cook until fragrant (about 1 min) but do not brown.
- Add Dijon, wine, and broth. Bring to a simmer and boil until reduced by half.
- Whisk in soft butter over low heat.
- Add prosciutto, sage, and parsley.
- Add Seared Scallops back to pan and coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately. Excellent served with Roasted Butternut Squash.