- 1 lb. bag Jumbo Naked Sea Scallops, thaw and pat dry excess moisture
- 3 tbsp. Canola oil
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Fresh Garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. Shallots, chopped finely
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup White Wine
- ¼ cup Clam Broth or Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp. Soft Butter
- 2 slices Prosciutto, sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ cup Frozen green peas, thawed and warmed in microwave
- ½ tsp. Lemon zest
- 5-6 Fresh Sage Leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Pat scallops dry of any moisture. Remove side muscle from sea scallops (simply pull off and discard).
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan with canola oil over medium high heat. Allow to get hot, but not smoking.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops, they should sizzle when placed in oil. Do not overcrowd the pan. Do not move scallops until ready to flip.
- Sear for about 3-4 minutes and flip. You should have a nice layer of caramelization.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and reserve warm on dinner plate.
Making the Sauce
- Add garlic and shallots to pan. Cook until fragrant but do not brown (about 30 seconds to 1 min).
- Add Dijon mustard, wine, and clam broth. Bring to a high simmer and allow to reduce by half.
- Turn down to low heat and whisk in soft butter. Add prosciutto, peas, lemon zest, sage, and parsley. Warm throughout without boiling.
- Add Seared Scallops back to pan and coat well with sauce.
- Serve immediately. Excellent served with Roasted Butternut Squash.