- 12 Fresh Oysters, scrubbed clean
- 1 lb. bag 16/20 EZ Peel (Shell on) Naked Shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- to taste Salt and pepper
Spicy Citrus Butter
- ½ lb. Unsalted butter, room temp soft
- tbsp. Fresh garlic, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. Hot sauce of choice (we like tabasco or sriracha)
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley, chopped finely
- Prep the Spicy Citrus butter before starting the grill. Combine all citrus butter ingredients into a pot and place on the grill or stovetop. Allow to melt and mix well. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Mold 3 loosely formed Aluminum foil “logs” to hold the oysters once they’re off the grill, so they won’t tip over. Keep these at the ready on your serving platter.
- Pre-heat grill to high.
- Place oysters on hot grill – rounded side down, flat side up.
- Season shrimp with Salt + Pepper, and place on grill.
- Allow to cook until oysters are open – about 5-6 minutes. When the oysters have opened, use tongs to transfer them to the foil logs to support.
- Shrimp should take a bit less time to cook. Flip shrimp after about 2-3 minutes and cook for an additional 2 minutes before removing from grill.
- Remove the top shells – with a dish towel in your hand, hold oyster and pry back / twist off shell. If oyster tries to stick to shell, just scrape it off with a small paring knife.
- Then release oyster from the bottom of the cup as well. A spoon works well for this.
- Top each oyster with a teaspoon of melted Citrus butter. In a bowl, toss the shrimp in a couple tablespoons of spicy butter. Peel your own shrimp to eat.
- Serve immediately with plenty of napkins. Bon Appetit!