- 1 lb. Naked Sea Scallops thaw and pat dry any excess moisture
- 2 tbsp. Light Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- to taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine use what you drink!
- 2 tbsp. Cold butter slices
- ½ each Lemon zest + juice
- ¼ cup Fresh Chives chopped
- Thaw Naked Scallops overnight in refrigerator.
- Gently peel adductor muscle from the side of thawed scallops.
- Pat Scallops dry of any excess moisture on each side.
- Season scallops with Salt and Pepper.
- Heat oil in Sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Add scallops. Scallops should sizzle when placed in pan! Do not overcrowd the pan. Once placed in pan, do not move scallops until ready to flip.
- Allow to sear for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown caramelization develops.
- Flip scallops and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove Scallops and reserve warm.
Making the Sauce
- Add about ¼ cup dry white wine to hot pan and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter and "swirl" pan to melt and create sauce. Turn heat down slightly, do not boil!
- Add chives and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Coat scallops with sauce, top with lemon zest, and serve.