- 1 lb. Raw Naked Shrimp (EZ Peel) full thawed
- ½ gallon Water
- ½ cup White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 bowl Ice Water at the ready
- 12 oz jar Cocktail Sauce
- Thaw shrimp fully before cooking, either for 24 hours in the refrigerator or under cold running water for 4-5 minutes.
- In a large stock pot, combine: water. vinegar, and salt.
- Bring seasoned water to a boil on high heat.
- Add the thawed shrimp, reduce heat to medium. Cook for 2-3 minutes
Checking for Doneness
- Remove one shrimp with tongs and dunk in ice water.
- With a small paring knife, cut halfway into the shrimp.
- If it is white throughout, it is DONE.
- If it is translucent or shiny at all on the inside, add back to the heat and continue to cook for another 30 seconds - 1 minute, and check again to ensure shrimp are cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove all shrimp, and submerge into ice water. This will STOP the cooking immediately, to avoid overcooking.
- Allow to sit for a couple minutes until completely chilled.
- Remove from water and peel everything except for the tail. This will act as a “handle” for your guests.
- * Peel your shrimp as close to serving time as possible. This will ensure a moist shrimp. Keep covered after peeling so shrimp do not dry out. *
- Serve with Cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.