Slow Roasted Wild Salmon with Rosemary and Lemon Olive Oil
This simple and elegant recipe uses the "low and slow" cooking method to maintain the natural fat content and flavor of the Wild Alaskan Salmon.
- 3 each 5-ounce Wild Salmon skin on portions patted dry of any excess moisture
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Fresh garlic chopped finely
- to taste Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 8 each Fresh Rosemary sprigs about 3 inches long
- 2-3 each Whole Lemons sliced into (16) thin ¼ inch slices
Pre heat oven to 275°F.
In a bowl, combine the garlic and olive oil.
Arrange each salmon portion on top of 2 lemon slices. Top each with oiled Rosemary sprigs. Top the rosemary sprigs with 2 more lemon slices.
Pour remaining garlic oil over the salmon portions.
Slow roast for 20-25 minutes, until salmon flakes easily.
Discard lemon and rosemary and serve with pan juices.