Crispy Salmon Caesar-Cobb Salad
A delicious and healthy hybrid-salad topped with crispy salmon, avocado, and chopped hard boiled eggs with homemade Caesar dressing.
- 2 each 5 ounce Fresh Salmon portions patted dry
- to taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce Hearts washed and dried, cut into ½ inch bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups Tuscan Kale washed and dried, center rib removed and cut into ½ inch bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices Crumbled Bacon baked crisp and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 each Ripe Avocado diced ½ inch pieces
- 2 each Large Eggs hard boiled, chopped coarsely
- Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 1 each XL Egg
- 8-10 each Anchovy Fillets in oil
- 2 each Fresh Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- ½ each Lemon zest and juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½-¾ cup Pure Olive Oil
- to taste Fresh cracked black pepper
Crack your egg into a small microwavable bowl and add 2 tablespoons water.
Microwave for 30 seconds until egg white has firmed and yolk is runny but thickened.
Pour off the excess water with a slotted spoon. Add to blender.
Add all dressing ingredients to blender EXCEPT OIL. Blend until smooth.
While blending, add oil in a slow, steady stream until all combined and smooth.
Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
NOTE: If the par-cooked egg is not your thing, you may substitute:Pasteurized Egg Yolks or Heavy Mayonnaise (2 tbsp. for each egg)
Pan Searing Salmon
Heat a Non-Stick pan over medium high heat. Add oil to coat pan.
Season the Salmon with salt and pepper just before ready to cook. Salmon should sizzle when placed in pan.
Add Salmon Portions and pan-fry 4 minutes to a deep brown, crispy exterior.
Flip Salmon, lower heat to medium and cook until done, about 1 more minute.
Salmon is done when it flakes easily, or internal temperature has reached 145 F.
Plating Your Salad
Combine all salad components and toss with desired amount of dressing.
Sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese.
Top with your crispy salmon.
Serve immediately and enjoy!