Seared Scallops with Lemon Herb Butter sauce
Golden Sea Scallops caramelized to perfection with a bright, lemony butter sauce to accent. Sweet, sweet sea candy!
- 1 lb. Naked Sea Scallops thaw and pat dry any excess moisture
- 2 tbsp. Light Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- to taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine use what you drink!
- 2 tbsp. Cold butter slices
- ½ each Lemon zest + juice
- ¼ cup Fresh Chives chopped
Thaw Naked Scallops overnight in refrigerator.
Gently peel adductor muscle from the side of thawed scallops.
Pat Scallops dry of any excess moisture on each side.
Season scallops with Salt and Pepper.
Heat oil in Sauté pan on medium high heat.
Add scallops. Scallops should sizzle when placed in pan! Do not overcrowd the pan. Once placed in pan, do not move scallops until ready to flip.
Allow to sear for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown caramelization develops.
Flip scallops and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Remove Scallops and reserve warm.
Making the Sauce
Add about ¼ cup dry white wine to hot pan and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
Add butter and "swirl" pan to melt and create sauce. Turn heat down slightly, do not boil!
Add chives and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Coat scallops with sauce, top with lemon zest, and serve.