How to Grill Swordfish
Simple Grilled Swordfish Recipe
Swordfish Steaks are meaty, tender, and full of flavor. There’s a reason we call them the “Prime Rib of the Sea”! These fish have an exceptional fat content, which means they are fantastic when seared on the grill.
The BEST part is that it is incredibly easy to do this at home! Just THREE ingredients and ready in 15 MINUTES. The hardest part of the whole thing is finding the right quality swordfish to cook (that’s where we come in…).
Check out our How to Grill Swordfish recipe breakdown video below!
Easy Grilled Swordfish
- 2 8 ounce Skinless Swordfish steaks patted dry of any excess moisture
- Canola oil (or other neutral oil)
- to taste Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat your gas grill to medium high heat and scrape clean.
- Pat both sides of your swordfish steaks dry with a paper towel. Brush one side with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place Swordfish on grill, oiled side down. Brush top of steak with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over direct heat for about 2 minutes. Reposition steaks for some fancy looking grill marks. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for approximately 4 more minutes.
- Chef Tip: To check that Swordfish is cooked through, gently push the flat side of a wooden skewer through the thickest part of the fish. If it goes through with no resistance, it is done. If there is resistance, cook for another minute or so and test again.
- Serve with your choice of side and enjoy immediately!
Join our Seafood Email Newsletter below for more recipes from Chef Andrew and all things North Coast Seafoods!
Founded in 1957, North Coast Seafoods is a family-owned, privately held company committed to providing our customers with a consistent supply of the highest quality, sustainable seafood imaginable from local communities around the globe. We operate out of three processing facilities located in Massachusetts: Chatham, New Bedford, and our HQ in Boston’s historic Seaport District.
We are a direct-importer and first receiver – cutting out the middleman, processing in our own state of the art facilities, and distributing to retailers, restaurants, institutions, and directly to consumers.
Our mission is to share the joy of extraordinary seafood.