How to Make Grilled Cajun Shrimp
Why Shell-On Shrimp?
Cooking shrimp with the shell-on, especially when grilling or making shrimp cocktail, adds an additional depth of flavor to the shrimp imparted by the shell. Leaving the shell on also shields the shrimp from the intense heat of the grill, protecting them from drying out or overcooking and keeping the shrimp nice and juicy.
This recipe is deliciously simple with just 5 ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cajun seasoning, fresh lime, fresh Italian Parsley, and of course the star of the show – Naked Raw EZ Peel Shrimp.
Our Naked Shrimp are sustainable and chemical free with no additives, preservatives, or phosphates. This product is also deveined, so no need to do that at home!
Check out our Cajun Grilled Shrimp recipe breakdown video below!
Cajun Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lb. bag 16/20 EZ Peel Naked Shrimp thawed and patted dry
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 each Limes juiced
- Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- Prepare a charcoal grill or preheat your gas grill to medium high heat and scrape clean.
- Place shrimp on grill over direct heat, evenly spaced, for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip shrimp over and move onto indirect heat (not directly over the flame). Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from grill into a large bowl.
- Add a hearty drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive oil (approx. ¼ cup), about 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, and the juice of 2 freshly squeezed limes.
- Mix well. Plate and garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Peel shells before eating and enjoy!
Join our Seafood Email Newsletter below for more recipes from Chef Andrew and all things North Coast Seafoods!
Founded in 1957, North Coast Seafoods is a family-owned, privately held company committed to providing our customers with a consistent supply of the highest quality, sustainable seafood imaginable from local communities around the globe. We operate out of three processing facilities located in Massachusetts: Chatham, New Bedford, and our HQ in Boston’s historic Seaport District.
We are a direct-importer and first receiver – cutting out the middleman, processing in our own state of the art facilities, and distributing to retailers, restaurants, institutions, and directly to consumers.
Our mission is to share the joy of extraordinary seafood.