- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 3 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each Fresh thyme, oregano, & sage, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- to taste Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup White wine
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 lb Mushrooms (whichever you like!), chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable stock
- Fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Pat Scallops dry of any excess moisture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil and allow to get hot (shimmering but not smoking).
- Add scallops to pan, spaced out evenly. Avoid overcrowding your pan and do not move around pan. Sear for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and reserve warm.
- Keep that large skillet over the medium heat and add the butter. Then add shallot & garlic and sauté until soft and translucent, but not browned.
- Add the wine and stir as the wine reduces (about 5 minutes) scraping the bits of flavor from the bottom of pan.
- Add herbs and salt & pepper.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add the rice. Then stir in mushrooms.
- Add the vegetable stock about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until the stock is absorbed until you add another 1/2 cup.
- Repeat the process above until all the stock has been added, stirring constantly throughout.
- Finish with fresh parsley, sage, & seared scallops.