Healthier Alfredo Sauce
- 16 ounce box of whole-wheat fettuccine
- 2 tbl bitter
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 5 tbl white whole-wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups 2% milk
- 1 ¼ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbl parsley, chopped
- Optional: more parmesan cheese on top
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 lb Raw Naked Shrimp
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water and cook fettuccine noodles according to instructions. Drain pasta and reserve 2 tablespoons of pasta water.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter. Add in the onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for another minute Add in the flour and stir for one minute.
- Add in the milk and chicken broth and whisk well. Add in the parmesan cheese and pepper. Let thicken on low heat as the shrimp and pasta cook.
- Remove tails from the Naked Shrimp and heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Dry shrimp with a paper towel and in a bowl, toss with garlic, onion, smoked paprika and black pepper.
- Once the oil is hot, add shrimp to the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink and the spices make a light crust on the shrimp.
- To serve: toss together the pasta, pasta water and alfredo sauce. Top with sautéed Naked Shrimp. Top with chopped parsley and if desired, extra parmesan cheese.