- 1 bag Naked Wild Cod (3) 5 oz. portions, thaw and pat dry
- 1 each Egg beaten
- ½ cup Panko style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh cracked Black Pepper
- Flour for dusting
- 12 oz. Bag frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread ONLY the top side of Cod!
- Combine Panko, Parmesan, and Pepper. Reserve in a shallow dish.
- Add flour and beaten egg into two separate dishes.
- Dredge top side of Cod into flour.
- Dip floured side into beaten egg.
- Set same side into Panko crumb mixture and coat thoroughly
- Repeat process until all 3 portions are breaded on one side
To Cook and Serve
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- In a large skillet, heat ⅛ inch canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat.⠀
- Add each portion, breaded side down, into hot oiled pan and cook until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Portions should sizzle when placed in pan.
- Turn Cod over. Transfer pan to pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes, until Cod is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Cook frozen peas in the microwave.
- Add peas to a post over medium heat. Once warm, mash into a coarse mixture.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.