Crispy Fish Sandwich
- 2 4 ounce Flounder fillets or Cod portions patted dry of any excess moisture
- 2 each Bulkie rolls
- to taste Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 Egg beaten with 2 tsp. of water
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp. Vegetable oil
Pepper Jack Cheese Slaw
- 1 14-ounce bag Thin cut Cole Slaw cabbage mix
- 8 ounce Pepperjack cheese grated
- ½ cup Scallions sliced finely
- ½ cup Banana peppers drained and diced
- ½ cup Pimento peppers diced
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. White vinegar
- Mix all slaw ingredients together in a large bowl and allow to chill until ready to use.
- Pat flounder or cod portions dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- One portion at a time, dust with flour, dip and coat with beaten egg, and coat well with panko Crumbs.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Flounder fillets should sizzle when place in pan. Pan fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove flounder from pan and wipe clean.
- FOR AIR FRIED COD: Follow same breading procedure, and air fry for 375°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo (or butter, if you prefer) on the insides of a split Bulkie roll. Griddle over medium heat until golden brown.
- To assemble – spread about a cup of Cole slaw on the bottom half of your roll and top with crispy fish fillet.
- Cut sandwich in half and serve.