- 4 each 8 ounce skin on Chilean Sea bass portions patted dry of any excess moisture
- 4 tsp. Cajun Seasoning (Chef Dan's) about 1 tsp. per portion
- 1 tbsp. Fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 1 ½ tbsp. Butter
- 1 each Scallion chopped
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Chanterelle mushrooms (OR Cremini mushrooms) ½ chopped and ½ whole for garnishing
- ⅓ cup Baby arugula
Thai Basil Sauce
- ½ cup Sweet Chili sauce I recommend Mae Ploy
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 4 each Chopped Thai Basil leaves Regular basil will work as well
- In a medium pot bring 1½ cups water, 1½ tbsp. butter, ½ tsp. salt, and 1 cup Basmati rice to a boil.
- Cover the pot with a tightly fitting lid and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until all of the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Preparing Chilean Sea Bass
- Pat portions of fish dry of any excess moisture.
- Season only flesh side of each portion of fish with about 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning. DO NOT season skin side, or it will burn.
- Add canola oil to a heavy skillet and place over high heat until the oil is hot and shimmering, but not smoking.
- Place 2 portions of fish skin side down into the hot oil and cook for about 2½ - 3 minutes. Skin should be crispy with nice color.
- Flip and cook for another 2½ - 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and reserve warm. Repeat process for other 2 portions.
- Lower the heat of the pan and toss in ½ cup chopped mushrooms.
- Cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add in ⅓ cup of baby arugula to wilt slightly.
- Remove mushrooms and arugula from pan.
Thai Basil Sauce
- In your pan, add ½ cup Sweet Chili sauce, 2 tbsp. lime juice, 2 tbsp. soy sauce and some chopped basil.
- Mix all ingredients together over low heat for about 2 min and remove from heat.
- Fold your chopped scallions into the rice along with half of the wilted arugula. Scoop onto one half of the plate.
- Spoon your sauce onto the other half of your plate in a smooth layer.
- Place your Chilean Sea Bass on the rice, skin side up!
- Add mushrooms around the plate for that extra "eye pop".
- Top your fish with the rest of wilted baby arugula.
- Garnish with any remaining basil leaves.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!