Salmon Caesar Salad? Yes, please. This unique hybrid salad combines the styles of Caesar (anchovies, parmesan cheese, and homemade dressing) with Cobb (bacon, avocado, and hard boiled eggs). Topping it off in majestic fashion is a caramelized pan seared Naked Norwegian Salmon portion, PACKED with healthy omega 3 fatty acids, which give it an incredible flavor profile and melt in your mouth texture.
This recipe is simple, healthy, and most importantly… DELICIOUS. Fresh ingredients with high quality salmon – how can you go wrong?
The KEY here, as with any seafood dish, is in the quality of the fish or shellfish you are cooking with.
My preference is always Naked Norwegian Salmon. They come in individually wrapped 5 oz. skinless portions, 3 per bag. They are flash frozen within hours of harvest, so they are fresher than fresh once you thaw them out in your kitchen!
You can learn more and order for next-day home delivery on our online store.
Crispy Salmon Caesar-Cobb Salad
- 2 each 5 ounce Fresh Salmon portions patted dry
- to taste Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 cups Romaine Lettuce Hearts washed and dried, cut into ½ inch bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups Tuscan Kale washed and dried, center rib removed and cut into ½ inch bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices Crumbled Bacon baked crisp and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 each Ripe Avocado diced ½ inch pieces
- 2 each Large Eggs hard boiled, chopped coarsely
- Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 1 each XL Egg
- 8-10 each Anchovy Fillets in oil
- 2 each Fresh Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- ½ each Lemon zest and juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp. Kosher Salt
- ½-¾ cup Pure Olive Oil
- to taste Fresh cracked black pepper
- Crack your egg into a small microwavable bowl and add 2 tablespoons water.
- Microwave for 30 seconds until egg white has firmed and yolk is runny but thickened.
- Pour off the excess water with a slotted spoon. Add to blender.
- Add all dressing ingredients to blender EXCEPT OIL. Blend until smooth.
- While blending, add oil in a slow, steady stream until all combined and smooth.
- Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
- NOTE: If the par-cooked egg is not your thing, you may substitute:Pasteurized Egg Yolks or Heavy Mayonnaise (2 tbsp. for each egg)
Pan Searing Salmon
- Heat a Non-Stick pan over medium high heat. Add oil to coat pan.
- Season the Salmon with salt and pepper just before ready to cook. Salmon should sizzle when placed in pan.
- Add Salmon Portions and pan-fry 4 minutes to a deep brown, crispy exterior.
- Flip Salmon, lower heat to medium and cook until done, about 1 more minute.
- Salmon is done when it flakes easily, or internal temperature has reached 145 F.
Plating Your Salad
- Combine all salad components and toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Sprinkle on some grated parmesan cheese.
- Top with your crispy salmon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!